How does the course work?
What you will learn
Many people who are involved with horses in some way will have looked at x-rays, MRI pictures or ultrasound images of a horse at some point, because in equine veterinary medicine, the use of diagnostic imaging has become very widespread. But how are these images taken, what does it mean for the horse, and what can they actually tell you about it? In this course you will learn about:
- the different forms of diagnostic imaging that are available for horses;
- how the technology behind each form of imaging works;
- what each different form of diagnostic imaging can be used for;
- normal radiographic anatomy of the horse and common radiographic changes; and
- why the increased use of diagnostic imaging is leading to new challenges for equine veterinarians.