Biosecurity: a horse owner's guide
How does the course work?
What you will learn
Every horse owner will have come across the term biosecurity, but what exactly does it mean and why is it relevant for every horse owner? In this course you will learn about:
- the causes of infectious diseases;
- how infectious diseases are spread from one horse to another;
- how good management practice can help prevent the spread of disease;
- what quarantine entails;
- why vaccinating horses can help both individuals and a whole population to stay healthy;
- why laboratory testing is a useful tool to help prevent the spread of disease; and
- why equestrian federations and government agencies may impose biosecurity regulations.