Maintaining a healthy horse
How does the course work?
What you will learn
Providing a sick or injured horse with good veterinary care is a vital part of ensuring that a horse returns to good health, but equally if not more important are all the things that horse owners (or trainers) can do to prevent a horse from getting sick or injured in the first place. In this course you will learn about:
- why good feeding management can help prevent gastrointestinal disorders such as colic;
- why keeping a horse in a dust free environment with plenty of fresh air can keep its respiratory system healthy;
- what you can do to keep a horse sound;
- how to help an older horse stay healthy;
- why keeping a yard in good order can help prevent injury;
- why a horse’s mental wellbeing is just as important as its physical wellbeing; and
- why there is more to grooming than making a horse look good.