The Equine Athlete
Biomechanics of movement
How does the course work?
Online Course NO certification
3 hOnline learning
What you will learn
This course aims to give readers a deeper understanding of equine biomechanics; it covers the following topics:
- what biomechanics is and what the study of biomechanics in horses is used for;
- what brings about movement;
- the different phases of the movement cycle of a horse’s limbs;
- the anatomical and functional characteristics of each phase;
- the biomechanical techniques and methods used for gait analysis; and
- how these techniques can be applied in a clinical setting.