How does the course work?
Online Course NO certification
What you will learn
An orthopaedic examination (an examination of a horse’s locomotor system) can take many forms; from the simple pre-competition trot - up to the thorough examination performed on a lame horse. In this course you will learn about:
- when and why orthopaedic examinations are performed and who may perform them;
- what to look out for when making a basic check;
- how to recognise when a horse is lame;
- how to identify the lame limb; and
- which further tests an equine veterinarian may use to establish the cause of a lameness.