Dressage & Para Dressage
Foundation Course for Para Dressage Officials
This course is an introduction to FEI Para Dressage for anyone who is interested in becoming an FEI Para Dressage Official.
Para Dressage is the sport of Dressage - the art of riding and training a horse sympathetically to show different exercises in a manner that develops obedience, flexibility and balance by Athletes with physical impairments. Competitions are held in many countries around the world.
To enable these shows to take place, many Officials need to be in place and this course will explain the structure of the officials required: Judges, Stewards, Classifiers and Veterinarians.
Quiz questions at the end of each chapter will help you to improve and deepen your knowledge of FEI Para Dressage. You can take this course and the quiz questions as often as you wish.
How does the course work?
What you will learn
In this course you will learn:
- to understand the role and work of the FEI Para Dressage Department and the Para Equestrian Technical Committee;
- to identify the core values of the FEI and relate these to the role as an FEI Official and recognise the principles of the FEI Code of Conduct for Officials;
- to recognise the historic roots of Para Dressage, describe its evolution and recognise International Competition structures;
- to explain the principles of clean sport and relate the case for clean sport to the role of Officials and FEI principles;
- to align the principles of Horse Welfare and Horsemanship to the responsibilities of FEI Officials;
- about the different and relevant FEI rules and guidance documents necessary for Judges, Technical Delegates, Stewards and Classifiers to find appropriate ruling; and
- to have a clear understanding of the pathway to become an FEI Para Dressage Official and maintain status.