Equine Influenza: a horse owner’s guide
This webinar focuses on equine influenza. Equine influenza is an infectious disease of great significance which can be quickly transmitted between horses. Professor Ann Cullinane, an OIE expert based at the Irish Equine Centre, explains what equine influenza is and the measures you can take to protect your horses.
How does the course work?
What you will learn
In this course you will learn about:
- what is equine influenza;
- how the virus is transmitted;
- what to do in the event of a flu outbreak;
- current recommendations for vaccine choice and vaccination intervals; and
- factors affecting the horse’s susceptibility to flu to equine influenza.