Equine Anatomy & Physiology
The Reproductive System
How does the course work?
What you will learn
In this course you will learn about the horse’s reproductive system including:
- which structures belong to the male and female reproductive system;
- seasonality and the reproductive cycle of the mare;
- what happens when a mare is bred;
- how a pregnancy develops;
- what colostrum is and why it is so important;
- the methods commonly used in equine assisted reproduction; and
- the different methods that can be used to castrate a stallion.