Level 1 - Jumping - Course Designer
This course is a first step into course design.
Course design is one of the most important tasks in the organisation of jumping shows. Good course design helps to develop the sport and is an important part of athletes’ and horses’ education. The course designer has a responsibility towards athletes and horses but also towards spectators, audiences, sponsors and staff. This FEI Campus course provides information that helps to fulfil requirements in regard to course designing and the growing expectations of our sport.
This course is for everyone aspiring to become a course designer and for those who already are but wish to refresh their existing knowledge.
How does the course work?
Online Course duration
What you will learn
This Level 1 course will show you the principles of Course Design.
It will help to :
- Understand the tasks of an L1 Course Designer
- Get a deeper understanding about movement of horses
- Understand the importance of approaches and lines
- Be aware of the necessity of different courses for different levels
- Get competency in preparing all kind of course plans
- Get encouraged to a have more variety in planning courses
- Familiarise with FEI rules and standards