Behaviour & Handling
How horses learn
How does the course work?
What you will learn
In this course you will find out about how horses learn and how to apply this knowledge to everyday situations. The topics covered include:
- why horses behave the way they do;
- important differences between a horse’s and a human’s sensory perception and how this will affect the way a horse behaves;
- how to communicate with a horse in a way that it understands;
- the differences between associative and non-associative learning;
- how the different types of learning can be used when training horses; and
- why character and previous experience can make every horse a little different.