Basic Biosecurity for Equine Events
This course provides a basic understanding of biosecurity related to equestrian events. This introduction course provides background on the potential for the “Perfect Storm” of disease agent entry and spread on an equine event grounds due to the common biosecurity challenges at equine events. Event management and event participants have a responsibility for implementing appropriate biosecurity measures at each equine event. This course delivers guidance on performing a basic biosecurity risk assessment and developing biosecurity plans for equine events.
How does the course work?
What you will learn
This introductory course will introduce the principles of biosecurity. It will help you:
- Understand the potential for disease agent exposure and transmission at an equine event
- Recognise the biosecurity challenges at equine events
- Identify biosecurity risk factors at equine events
- Determine which biosecurity measures to address the identified risk
- Understand the need for implementing biosecurity measures
- Develop a biosecurity plan for the event grounds