National and Event Biosecurity Measures
By Dr Katie Flynn
The presentation provides equine event veterinarians a general approach to equine event biosecurity. Additionally, the presentation highlights the Federation’s biosecurity regulations for equestrian events.
This presentation was held at the FEI National Head Veterinarian Conference in Athens 12/13 May 2016.
How does the course work?
What you will learn
- general biosecurity challenges;
- importance of veterinarians for biosecurity at the equine events;
- methodologies for performing venue risk assessments;
- identifying disease agent entry points;
- recognising high risk areas for potential disease agent spread and developing a biosecurity plan.