Tack and Equipment
Evaluating saddle fit
How does the course work?
Online Course duration
What you will learn
A well-fitting saddle is vital for a horse’s well-being as well as for the effectiveness and stability of a rider. An Ill-fitting saddle can cause great discomfort for a horse, leading to a multitude of behavioural and health problems. Being able to assess a saddle’s fit is therefore an important skill for anyone heavily involved with horses. In this course you will learn about:
- how a horse may respond to an ill-fitting saddle;
- how to check a saddle’s integrity;
- how to assess a saddle’s position;
- how to assess a saddle’s fit; and
- the effect of saddle pads.