Basic health assessment
How does the course work?
What you will learn
Being able to assess a horse’s state of health is important to everyone involved with a horse. In this course you will learn about making a basic health assessment:
- how to interpret changes in a horse’s attitude and demeanour;
- how to take a horse’s vital signs and interpret your findings;
- how to assess typical signs of health and signs of ill-health of various body systems;
- how to assess the severity of an injury; and
- when it may be necessary to call a vet.