Diseases of the hoof
How does the course work?
What you will learn
Diseases of the hoof are amongst the most common causes of lameness in horses of all types and uses. In this course you will learn about:
- how the environment and the way a horse is managed affect horn quality and hoof health;
- how to spot common diseases of the hoof;
- why hoof abscesses are one of the most frequent reasons for an emergency veterinary call-out;
- typical treatment of various hoof diseases; and
- how to manage horses recovering from a hoof disease.