Diseases of the cardiovascular system
How does the course work?
What you will learn
Cardiovascular diseases may not be the most commonly encountered disorders in horses, but they can be of considerable significance in equine athletes and in older horses. In this course you will learn about:
- which structures of the cardiovascular system can be affected;
- why many cardiovascular diseases are degenerative and progressive in nature;
- the clinical signs of mild, moderate and severe cardiovascular diseases;
- which haematological and lymphatic diseases occur in the horse; and
- which infectious diseases can affect the horse’s cardiovascular system.