Foundation Course for Vaulting Officials
This course is not yet accessible. The FEI Campus Team is currently testing and finalising it. We thank you for your patience and understanding.
Welcome to the Foundation Course for FEI Vaulting Officials. The following online programme aims to prepare you for FEI officiating in the sport of Vaulting. It will lead you through education that is broken into five sections as follows:
- The FEI – structure, decision-making and important policies
- FEI Vaulting – evolution of the sport
- FEI Officials – roles and responsibilities
- FEI Events – competitions
- FEI Regulations – rules and statutes
As you progress through the programme there are a number of learning control quizzes built in to support your development.
The FEI Vaulting Committee’s objective is to ensure the highest standards for the education of officials and thereby the development of the sport.
Thank you for getting involved and taking part!
How does the course work?
What you will learn
The Foundation Course for Vaulting Officials will provide the basics to international level officiating and will help you to achieve the following outcomes:
- to be able to explain the role and work of the FEI Vaulting Department and the Vaulting Technical Committee;
- to identify the core values of the FEI and relate these to the role as an FEI Official and recognise the principles of the FEI Code of Conduct for Officials;
- to recognise the historic roots of Vaulting, describe its evolution and recognise International Competition structures;
- to explain the principles of clean sport and relate the case for clean sport to the role of Officials and FEI principles;
- to align the principles of Horse Welfare and Horsemanship to the responsibilities of FEI Officials;
- to learn about the different and relevant FEI rules and guidance documents necessary for Judges and Foreign Judges/Technical Delegates to find appropriate ruling;
- to have a clear understanding of the route to become and maintain FEI Vaulting Officials status.